The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared COVID-19 a global health emergency. FutureFuel’s first priority is to the health and safety of our employees. We are also committed to implementing a comprehensive business continuity plan to ensure continuation of business processes and minimization of disruption to our business partners.
In response to the current situation, FutureFuel is taking the following steps to ensure the continued safety and well-being of our staff and other stakeholders.
- Suspension of optional day-to-day meetings and increased utilization of teleconferences, video, and video meetings where appropriate.
- Cancellation of all upcoming facility visits from clients, the public, and vendors unless they are business continuity critical and cannot be postponed.
Executive management must approve all visitor exceptions in advance.
- Postponement of non-time sensitive contract work.
- Limit company travel to business critical. Executive management must approve all travel exceptions in advance.
- Increasing facility sanitization and encouraging employee handwashing to ensure cleanliness and minimize the spread of infection.
- Development of an off-site quarantine policy for all employees who are ill or test positive for COVID-19.
- Ongoing monitoring of the WHO and CDC’s websites and state resources regarding COVID-19 developments and recommendations.
- Making special arrangements for vulnerable employees.
- Sharing of information with employees on preparation and response to COVID-19.
The following steps are being implemented to ensure business continuity of our production commitments.
- Ensure resourcing strategies such as the re-allocation of staff, rotation of in-office/home-working arrangements or the cross-training of staff who
perform business-critical functions.
- Assess and ensure appropriate resources and technologies for business continuity critical employees to work from home.
- Assess and maintain appropriate inventories of materials and supplies
- Maintain regular communication with our business partners (suppliers, logistics, and customers)
Management will continue to closely monitor the situation for additional actions and modify our continuity plan as conditions dictate. We are confident that we will be able to minimize the potential risks associated with this challenge and will make every effort to mitigate negative impacts or disruptions to all our stakeholders. We will continue to provide overall updates on the situation and will contact clients individually about any problems, changes, or deviations to our business plans.